Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Senior Bioinformatician is responsible for mining and analyzing large, complex, and unstructured biological data sets using computer programming or advanced statistical methods. The Senior Bioinformatician will analyze and summarize data, such as gene or protein expression patterns, nucleotide and protein sequence, structure, functions, pathways and genetic interactions.
- Support the development of groundbreaking techniques such as gene or protein expression profiling analysis methods and implementing them successfully within project teams.
- Assist in analysis and interpretation of research results for publications or presentations and utilize existing algorithms, techniques, and statistical methods.
- Support the identification of biomarkers
- Develop mathematical models for integrating disparate data sources for the purposes of more thorough analysis.
- Lab approaches for multi-omics workstreams, including routine analyses and method development for processing unconventional samples
- Develop, modify, and apply software, algorithms, or pipelines to genomic or other biological data sets with the goal of understanding biological processes, diseases, biomarkers or disorders.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: Python, R, SQL, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistical methods, tools and approaches
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technical expertise in next generation sequencing data analyses and / or database and data management pipeline development
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.