Operations Research Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Operations Research Engineer II will facilitate direct discussions with client subject matter experts, operations teams, and other operations research engineers to understand facility and process questions regarding material flow, personnel flow, utilization, space constraints, and bottlenecks. In this role, you will develop and implement simulation and optimization models designed to answer questions on making our manufacturing and supply chains more effective. You will be collaborating on project planning, model development and validation, deployment and long term support of the solutions.
- Develop and deploy simulation and optimization models to drive strategic and tactical decisions.
- Apply various modeling techniques to generate solutions to problems such as resource planning, scheduling, facility location, portfolio optimization, supply chain management, pricing and revenue optimization.
- Lead projects and coordinate tasks with other project team members.
- Work collaboratively with internal business stakeholders and project managers to transform and visualize the data and model results.
- Summarize and present validated results and actionable recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with email, spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Knowledge of object oriented programming frameworks
- Knowledge of operations research modelling or simulation models
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Master's degree in operations research, industrial engineering, applied mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field
- Knowledge of developing simulation and optimization models leveraging at least one of the various related commercial software tools
- Knowledge of lean principles and methods to develop standardized model and data frameworks
- Experience utilizing advanced knowledge to develop models in one or more of the following fields: discrete event simulation, discrete optimization, integer programming, dynamic programming, heuristics, genetic algorithms or other metaheuristics
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.