Copra Merchandising Manager
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Copra Merchandising Manager will lead and direct complex merchandising work. In this role, you will drive the coordination of a supplier base and fulfill transactions, delivering commodities that meet production requirements and specifications in terms of timing, volume, quantity and cost. We seek an experienced professional who will develop a team that buys and sells commodities from/to country elevators, producers, feed mills and processors.
- Direct communication and interaction with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution.
- Lead a team of merchants to develop the short- or long-term strategies for one commodity or market.
- Oversee and review team’s risk positions (low, medium and high).
- Provide direction and oversight to ensure customer and supplier strategies are developed and executed properly.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions.
- You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Three years of people management experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.