Project Engineering Manager
The Engineering lead is responsible and accountable for
· The portfolio execution (including capitalized maintenance projects) of the location through the build engineering team, who are taking over the engineering work as of PDP phase 3 up to the building (implementation), commissioning and start up (joined effort with Operations, Manufacturing Technology, EHS and FSQR).
· Management, coaching and guidance of the engineering team, who is responsible for the preparation, compliancy, engineering, execution, documentation, financial followup and commissioning of capital projects for the site
· Developing the Masterplans for the site by gathering the information from all departments of the site and compile and maintain the masterplan portfolio with the Masterplan owners in the business
· Managing the PDP process on all types of projects (safety, process safety, quality, maintenance, reliability, process improvements)
· Linking the Regional and Global strategy to the site strategy. Provdes input to the Regional Ops Lead and Plant managers on progress by chairing the Project Review Team meeting
· Compiling and management for the short to long term of the project portfolio of the sites through the stakeholders (Operations, Manufacturing Technology, EHS, FSQR, PS&C and maintenance)· Managing and reporting of the progress on the total CAPEX portfolio of the site, including actuals on spend and commit for the site through the local PRT and leading the PRT.
40% Portfolio management
· Manage the base CAPEX program
· Together with Global Engineering Manager, to provide engineering support to PDP team for all non-base projects when being developed and implemented in the location,
· Establish technical archives and database of the location after project completion and handover to the department which will maintain it.
· To manage contractor safety record of all local projects,
· To ensure that all local projects are executed in line with Cargill Policies and in compliance with local regulation,
· Ensure that the Cargill best practices, policies and guidelines are kept up to date with lessons learned and experiences from the project.
· as Portfolio Manager is accountable together with Regional Ops lead and Plant Managers for proper management of local project portfolio.
· Facilitation of the MoC progress in the site. Leading the MoC meeting, reporting and following up on progress, training and facilitation for the teams.
· Facilitation of the PRA propgram progress in the site. Leading the monthly meeting, reporting and following up on progress, training and facilitation for the teams
· Keep informed on legal regulations, requirements and guidelines, and train the team to comply to these standards and practices
· Review and approve technical decisions on local project with project team,
· Approval of technical requisitions, together with project team,
· Monthly reporting of local CAPEX & operational engineering costs,
· Maintain up to date the technical archives and data base of the location
· Legal & regulatory constraints affecting the nature of the processes that can be run,
· Environmental legislation & guidance on process emissions & environmental impact,
· Specific location constraints for manufacturing operations,
· Availability of capital.
25% People Management
· Management of the engineering organization across plants (FTEs and contractors, zero base model)
· To coach, train and supervise professional and senior level engineers in the project management field
· Be a leader (lead by example) for the teams and coach them to become leaders in their workfield (high performing teams)
· Manage the external engineering service providers (ESP) on delivering, following and adhering to Cargill standards, practices and workflows.
25% Budget management and control
· Manage the plant CAPEX budget ($6m)
· Manage the engineering support to maintenance budget ($1m)
· Manage and optimize the plant engineering operational budget by setting rules and targets to reduce cost by continuous improvement and managing and adjusting resources on demand and ensure safety, quality, planning and budget is maintained
· Responsible, together with Regional Ops Lead and plant managers for the the plant CAPEX reporting on monthly basis
· Organizes and leads, in cooperation with the Regional Ops Lead the local Portfolio review Meeting
· Escalates differences and deviations to local, regional and global level
· Align with Cargill (BOSC/EBPO/Regional/Global) standards, tools and practices. Prepare and train the teams to use and follow these in the most efficient and effective way
Minimum Required Qualifications
·Master degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or similar experience
·Minimum 10year experience in project management
·Excellent verbal & written communication skills,
·Fluent english (both verbal and in writing), preferably fluent in local language
·Willing to work in an international environment as well as in a multifunctional organisation,
·Managerial skills (people skills)
·Leadership skills (people skills)
·Flexibility of mind
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.