Commercial Management Trainee
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Location(s): Padova, Italy
Currently we are looking for a Commercial Management Trainee for our Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) EMEA Grain Group to join our team in a start position at Padova, Italy.
In CASC EMEA we operate on an integrated global basis to source, process, transport and distribute our bulk commodities: grains, oils & seeds and biodiesel around the world.
What is the Commercial Management Trainee Program about?
We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our trading and merchandising function at Cargill.
The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
- Understanding the agricultural commodities trading industry and the markets for commodity merchandising.
- Understanding the local supply and demand factors that impact markets.
- Understanding drivers of Profit and Loss and take commercial decisions to generate revenue.
- Developing knowledge on Cargill's trading and hedging strategies, tactics and practices, including the use of futures, risk management derivatives and structured products.
- Initiating and negotiating on terms of commodity purchase, sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment.
- Coordinating transportation and logistics to execute commodity contracts and interacting with other functions across the business.
- Ensuring detailed and accurate follow-up, execution, and closure of all contracts.
- Developing collaborative relationships with external customers and suppliers in a customer facing role.
- Learning on the job from experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
- Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
- Building a peer network across Cargill.
You will work in close collaboration in 3 Merchants as well as the colleagues from Supply Chains based in our office in Padova. You will have a chance to work with different types of commodities including grains and non-grain feed ingredients, oils & seeds (sunflower, soya bean).
On successful completion of training you will embark on an exciting commercial career in the Merchandising Job Family with one of the CASC EMEA product lines in the dedicated country.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
- A completed Master degree with major in Finance, Economics, Trade, Sales, Sustainability or Agricultural Engineering
- Up to 2 years of work or internship experience in relevant areas
- Native / fluent Italian and fluent English (C1+)
- Good knowledge of Excel and other technical tools
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
- Geographical mobility (long term).
- Commercial acumen, trading capabilities, understanding of Supply Chain requirements.
- Proven natural leadership and interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Flexibility and managing ambiguity; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company and see opportunities in change.
- Risk appetite; composure, resilience, risk analysis and right sizing.
The successful candidates will be contacted by our recruitment team and invited to a phone interview with the recruiter.
We will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will challenge and stretch you. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world!
What’s different within Cargill is our inclusion and global gender parity aspiration. You can find a few of the stories of diverse talent that make up the trading, merchandising and global trading analytics teams at Cargill. Access their stories here: https://www.cargill.com/story/the-future-of-trading-is-more-female
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.