Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Merchandising & Trading Manager will lead and direct complex merchandising work. In this role, you will drive the Animal Nutrition and Health North American business including managing risk, internal and external customer interface, strategy deployment, and lead a team responsible for trading and delivering commodities in a domestic and international marketplace that meet production requirements and specifications in terms of timing, volume, quantity, and cost. We seek an experienced professional who will develop a team that buys and sells commodities from/to country elevators, producers, feed mills, and processors.
- Partner collaboratively and direct communication and interactions with trading teams, supply chain, plant operations, transportation and logistics, sales, and quality assurance, to ensure focus on customers and efficient execution of trading gameplans to improve efficiencies and maximize profits.
- Lead a team of merchants to develop the short- or long-term merchandising and trading strategies
- Oversee and review team’s risk positions (low, medium, and high).
- Provide direction and oversight to ensure customer and supplier strategies are developed and executed properly to grow margins.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Commodity merchandising and/or risk management experience
- Experience with risk management and sourcing strategies on long ingredient pipelines
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a global matrix organization
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.