Technical Services Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible, and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Technical Services Specialist will provide technical advice and support to customers during and after product sales. In this position, you'll be the lead contact for customers. You'll stay ahead of technology and business practices through workshops, research, and professional meetings.
- Collaborate with consultants to provide on-site technical support for current customers and prospects.
- Provide customer solutions and technical support materials to specific customers.
- Perform complex research for product development to understand product properties and systems operations.
- Compile and analyze data for project update, working with external suppliers to test new products and technologies to make recommendations on applications.
- Organize project data and conclusions for internal and customer presentations, assist with product demonstrations and service as subject matter guide during meetings with prospective customers.
- Stay ahead of product insight and research to improve value of offerings.
- Keep application and value collection up to date in the systems.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Work autonomously in-home office environment with flexibility to travel, Primary locations will be East US area: New York, New England States, Pennsylvania, New Jersey.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience such as: electrical systems, wiring, and/or controls and automation systems
- Able to troubleshoot PLC systems, valves, flowmeters, sensors, and control circuitry
- Able to read electrical wiring & mechanical diagrams
- Familiar with electrical / industrial safety practices
- Comfortable using construction tools (Multimeters, saws, power tools, Hand tools, etc.)
- Proficient in mobile applications & Microsoft (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Overnight travel up to 80-90% in peak of winter season, which is typically August through April. Driving long distances, managing travel plans including air travel.
- Physical requirements of installation and troubleshooting may include extensive pulling, pushing, able to lift at least 80 pds, working in cramped & kneeling positions. Work required in outdoor elements such as rain, snow, and hot or cold temperatures or dusty environments.
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Passion for understanding, creating, and communicating value and solutions to team members and customers
- Public speaking experience
- Strong verbal and technical writing & communication skills
- Developing customer relationships and influencing skills
- Ability to operate under pressure during seasonal peaks and prioritize schedule to align with customer needs
- Flexibility change and conflict management skills
- Experience and aptitude with motors/pumps/fluid control/analog & digital circuits
- Rockwell Studio 5000
- IP Routing - Networking - Cat 5 cabling
- Five years of practical experience in industrial wiring, controls and automation or electrical automation field experience
- Electrician certification
- Inside Sales experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.