Farm Relationship Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
The Farm Relationship Manager represents the critical link between customers and the company's customer-facing strategy. In this role, you will leverage our broad supply chain access, robust risk management solutions, combined with specialty and sustainability strategies, to offer tremendous value to potential customers through a customer-focused approach.
- Develop, strengthen, and expand long-term relationships with key customer and select commercial customer segments and partner with them to gain an in-depth working knowledge of their assets, profit expectations, risk management needs and local market drivers.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs to allow the utilization of our portfolio of solutions designed to consistently meet customer needs within key account segments.
- Partner with internal team members to position standardized offerings in areas of market access, risk management solutions, specialized supply chains and sustainability.
- Engage with customers in a manner that promotes an open and consistent flow of information from the company to enable the effectiveness and efficiency of solution offerings and execution.
- Build and deliver on annual customer business plans that are aligned with the companies business strategy and deliver profitable growth.
- Consistently identify and communicate customer insights back into the business unit that can be utilized to create and enhance standardized customer segment value propositions, as well as overall business strategy development.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Commerce, Business or related field OR equivalent experience
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Strong communication skills and capability to translate complex data and insights into a format easily understood by our customers.
- Minimum of two years of Commercial or sales experience.
- Able and willing to travel around 70%
- Valid driver’s license
- Specialized knowledge of grain marketing and trading tools.
- Specialized knowledge of grain handling and grain quality management.
- Minimum Five years’ experience in an agricultural service business environment.
- Knowledge of sustainable agronomic practices.
- Sales experience in business environment
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.