JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The EHS Engineer is a subject matter authority that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations. In this role, you will lead, at low-to-medium complex facility, or help lead, at high complex facility, the implementation, execution and maintenance of the environmental, health and safety and process safety management systems. You will be responsible for in-depth understanding and application of safe, compliant operational practices and demonstrate compliance with company policy, work processes, programs and standards.
• Support the plant manager in facilitating the community and governmental interaction and the external reputation.
• Support contractor environmental, health and safety requirements during construction phase and help test and evaluate environmental, health and safety performance according to design during project startup phase.
• Partner with regional domain and country environmental, health and safety to support management of site impact assessments, operating permits and construction permits.
• Support suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjusting curriculum to reflect site specific needs and deliver training.
• Partner with key site or project leaders to integrate and operationalize environmental, health and safety programs and drive culture of safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
• Understand, localize and integrate company and legally required work processes, programs and controls into site level operating procedures, tools, and work instructions to standardize front line processes and monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
• Ensure strong alignment of goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant and site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety and process safety compliance.
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years of related work experience
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.