Energy & Packaging Buyer – China
Cargill Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (CSSP) is a global organization that strives to strategically source and leverage Cargill’s indirect spend; this indirect spend spans Plant Materials & Services (MRO, Capital, Plant Services, etc); Corporate Material and Services (travel, IT, HR, etc); Chemicals, Energy; Packaging; and Ingredients. The CSSP team is responsible for managing over 9 billion in spend.
The Category Buyer (Buying Team) – China is responsible for the coordination of routine sourcing & buying activities for a certain category within CSSP, including executing procurement processes and inventory/procurement records, providing local procurement support, managing supplier events and relationships. This position will work closely with the category teams and will be located in Nanjing
This position will report to the CPIE Senior Buying Supervisor in China.
40% Manage/execute procurement processes
• Perform RFx independently, proven capability to conduct price analysis, supplier evaluation, material introduction, contract term negotiation, performance assessment and maintain sustainable supplier relationship
• Manage contract & price list to secure the latest version to be correctly carried out in time
• Deliver accurate purchase request with supplier & price info in the contract to coordinator to proceed PO release. For those non-contracted materials, Buyer should lead the sourcing activity to provide competitive and qualified supply resource to content the demand of Cargill plants
• Executes regulatory compliance procedures, assists in internal / external conducting audit activities to ensure that moderately defined procedures are followed
• Identify cost saving opportunity, drive implementation as per project pipeline, continually track down saved value and record it in MyPPM in time
• Build up consistent relationship with energy and packaging suppliers, maintain a smooth collaboration with Cargill plant production, quality, sales and R&D, lead to resolve escalated supply issues effectively
• other assignment required by buying supervisor
30% Inform and Implement Sourcing Strategy
• Secure to execute the global & regional category strategy of energy and pkg effectively through buying activities in domestic, while ensuring compliance with CSSP policy
• Provide support and input to MCS and closely work together with category team to implement E2E sourcing projects at the regional or country level
• Collaborate with process enablement team to optimize source to pay process, continually drive the operational contract and enhance the auto PO rate to improve CSSP efficiency
• Initiate annual work plan on energy & pkg according to category's playbook, drive values in cost, working capital & efficiency etc.
• Participate in NPD project, guarantee qualified materials & service provided by energy & pkg supplier, and govern the procurement process to be followed effectively
15% Data Analysis, research and Reporting
• Be capable to perform previous spend vs. demand forecast analysis, effectively consolidate supplier base and keep it in a Lean & efficient way
• Understand domestic energy or PKG market, work closely with category leaders & Cargill plants on long term supply strategy & handling urgent issue effectively according to MI's report & domestic environment
• Knowledgeable of energy or pkg and its upstream market, be capable to conduct price analysis independently, present perspectives of the domestic supply status to procurement team & Cargill plants
• Perform data analysis, prepare consolidated reports of buying activities and provide timely feedback to Supervisors with respect to issues, areas of opportunities identified, corrective actions
• Assist buying supervisor and category leaders on domestic supply & spending data collection, analysis & reporting to support category strategy development in global & regional wise
15% Stakeholder and Supplier Relationship
• Focus on utilizing a collaborative approach, developing relationships with various stakeholders in order to support solution development
• Work closely with supply chain, operations & NPD project team in Cargill plant to thoroughly understand their requirements as well as sourcing support needs and ensure such needs/requirements are incorporated in sourcing strategy
• Deliver excellent client service experience with business units and functions
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent education and experience.
• Demonstrated strong self-initiative, sense of urgency and customer relationship building skills.
• Demonstrate a "hands-on" style and willingness to engage proactively with stakeholders at all levels, within the sub-region.
• Ability to present information (prepare reports, rationale and recommendations clearly and concisely to all levels of management).
• Understanding of the Source to Pay process and related technologies
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SAP ECC, Ariba or other Cloud solutions
• Prior experience working in a sourcing or purchasing organization
• English: Proven verbal and written communication skills
• Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or supply chain is preferred. APICS or ISM certification a plus.
• Six sigma or lean certifications and a few years of experience implementing the principles.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.