Business Development Consultant - Aquaculture
Cargill Aqua Nutrition Thailand and Vietnam (“CQN TVN”) seeks to become the trusted partner to its Mekong Aquaculture customers through healthy and sustainable solutions customers care about, backed by industry leading nutrition.
Myanmar is a new frontier market, identified as one key growth engines in the 2025 CQN TVN growth strategy. Objectives are to develop new accounts and channels in the country, while developing insights into local market dynamics/economics to support the next phase business model development.
This role is essential for Myanmar market entry and development, responsible for driving commercial growth of CQN nutrition offerings to dealers and farmers in Myanmar, while delivering customer/market insights to business development team to refine the long-term business case. Success requires in-depth local aqua market & customer insight, new business development skills, customer intimacy capability, and basic technical service application to support customer productivity.
· Meet with business and government organizations to gather information or make presentations with the objective of expanding market penetration and identifying potential markets for products sold by CQN in Myanmar.
· Identify business requirements, procedures, customs, restrictions, registrations and notification requirements, etc. necessary for CQN to increase its business in Myanmar.
· Promote CQN’s name, customer relations, etc, including cordial customer, governmental and other business contacts.
· Develop and leverage external network contacts (i.e. industry related contacts, governments, etc)
· Identifies prospective customers, evaluates new sales opportunities, and develops recommendations to modify/adjust/improve the specie focus, portfolio, and technical services to strengthen the customer value proposition
· Meet and discuss with customers about potential sales with CQN where contract closure will be managed by CQN commercial team
· Accompany CQN’s commercial team for contract negotiations with customers.
· Prepare minutes of meeting between CQN and customers for sales negotiations and maintain up to date account plans for key customers.
· Closely monitors customer relationships for continuous value creation and performance optimization opportunities.
· Support BD Manager to collect external industry data and insights (S&D trends, consumption, farm gate price, regulations, farmer profitability, stocking level, competitor activities, customer needs, etc.) to inform future business growth plans
· Gather information and data relative to products, volumes, suppliers, methods and routes of supply and other such information that would be of interest to CQN.
· Utilizes commercial and marketing support functions to assess competitor capabilities against CQN business’s capabilities to determine gaps and to suggest appropriate positioning for CQN’s offerings.
· Assist CQN’s marketing and commercial team to execute specific local marketing and commercial efforts
Customer Relationship Management
· Support customer needs through effective collaboration with Supply Chain, Operations and Procurement professionals to ensure availability of raw materials and ability to meet customer specifications and timelines. Ensure customer satisfaction and any inquiries, incidents and/or issues are resolved in a timely manner.
· Assists where applicable and resolves issues, disagreements, and clarifies misunderstandings with customers, teammates, or supervisors to enhance account performance.
Minimum Required Qualifications
•Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Nutrition and/or Animal Production or Animal Health.
•Knowledge of Animal Science and Practical Animal husbandry.
•Minimum 3 years of progressive business development with a good track record and experience in the Industry.
•Strong analytical and conceptual skills
•Robust business development experience in a multinational or leading regional animal nutrition organization.
•Strong communication skills with fluency in English and one other local language.
•Familiar with important business disciplines (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain)
•Robust business development experience in an animal health organization.
•Possess a balance of technical skills and business acumen to identify opportunities for optimizing our customers’production results.
•Own strong knowledge of aquaculture production industry in Myanmar, including a deep understanding of producer economics and industry trends.
•Possess and continuously develops solid knowledge of the customer business strategy, requirements/needs and competitor offerings.
•Develops extensive industry knowledge across a broad and/or specialized spectrum of products / services / segments / channels as well as direct competitor’s offerings
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.