Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Sustainability Compliance Coordinator EMEA within Cargill’s Cocoa & Chocolate (CCC) business will provide guidance to execute and deploy the company's systems, processes and procedures necessary to comply with a portfolio of assigned sustainability programs. In this role, you will work closely with the Sustainability team to understand the standards and requirements as well as the relevant implications for the end-to-end Cocoa & Chocolate supply chain. You will also be accountable for the coordination of training on the requirements to sites and within CCC. You will act as the key point of contact for customers and internal stakeholders on compliance audits of sustainability standards on business unit level. Additionally, you will act as a partner for the sustainability team to provide insights from the CCC supply chain network for advocacy to improve standards.
- Provide guidance in the design and implementation of specific internal capabilities, systems, processes and protocols required to ensure compliance with program standards, policies and regulations and meet customer needs.
- Promote sustainability compliance and be at the forefront of the construction of a high performance, quality culture including the establishment and achievement of clear and decisive goals aligned to business strategies, budget management and controls.
- Develop and implement a robust due diligence management system by the identification of risks areas, leadership of the implementation and assure the connectivity and collaboration within the company.
- Ensure program compliance and perform activities, including lead internal audits for defined areas, define and prioritize audit plans based on risk evaluations, establish an audit, conduct field audits, submit audit reports, present audit findings and ensure corrective actions are fulfilled.
- Identify trends, engage with external stakeholder and keep program knowledge current as regulations change over time to identify potential business impact.
- Translation of the sustainability standards requirements into procedures for sites and supply chain and Coordination of the deployment of these requirements
- Coordinate the internal audit program for sustainability certification, including the sourcing and supply chain part.
- Support project leaders on sustainability projects where new capabilities need to be developed in the supply chain network or on customer projects.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of related work experience
- Experience in developing and implementing strategy, change management and due diligence management processes and procedures
- Experience in working at a high level within audit and assurance, focused on environmental and social issues
- Proven knowledge of deploying sustainability and supply chain transparency programs through standards and assurance
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/