Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
From day one, you will be a part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge, and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within the company. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and form relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans! We can help you pursue them.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Associate Position
This position will provide subject matter knowledge that aligns with environmental, health and safety regulations. We seek a professional who will help develop, implement, and maintain processes and programs that align with federal, state, and local regulations and requirements. In this role, you will lead in a low complexity facility or support a higher-complexity facility. You will supervise and take ownership for up to three highly hazardous processes; low-to-high serious injuries and fatalities, potential serious environmental events or sites with low-to-high maturity.
Your purview will be for basic issues, for which your supervisor will support you. For more sophisticated matters you will call out matters to those above you, such as your supervisor or other tenured staff.
- Build effective emergency response plan, train workforce and coordinate test plans on a defined frequency and validate emergency action plan
- Support determination of suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjusting curriculum to reflect site-specific needs
- Participate in incident investigations based on incident classification in partnership with specialists internally and externally or regulatory authorities to identify the root cause and help prevent recurrence
- Prepare and support execution of audits for the company, governmental inspections, and customer visits
- Identify data and reports needed to supervise performance and compliance against goals
- Understand risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, over see, and evaluate approved processes to control risks with contractors
- Build and execute controls and programs and ensure they work as planned
- Implement and own processes for hazard identification and risk management
- Other duties as assigned
- Relocation benefits are offered to those that qualify (decision is based on distance from job location to home or school)
- Comprehensive health care plans and wellness incentives
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays (specific days vary based on location)
- Retirement plans and eligibility for company match (of certain percentages) immediately following start date
- Tuition reimbursement benefits for those who wish to continue their education in their career field
- Access to company volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities
Business Resource Groups (BRGs)
We promote a culture that celebrates diversity! This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually a diverse group of employees. Our Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive, and demonstrate our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives that in turn benefit our organization and all employees!
BRGs Available For All To Join
Asian Alliance Network, Cargill Young Professionals Network, Cargill Ability Network (iCAN), Cargill Ebony Council, Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW), Hispanic-Latino Council, Cargill Pride Network, Veterans & Military Support Network, Cargill Women’s Network
Our positions are in the plant, at different locations in the United States, often requiring our Associates to relocate.
- Have earned a Bachelors degree or be pursing a Master’s degree from an accredited program in engineering, ergonomics/human factors, occupational safety, environmental sciences, fire safety, safety, or related degree graduating between December 2021 and Summer 2022
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Willing and able to relocate
- Past experiences of interpersonal work with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- Knowledge of food safety standards
- Knowledge of science and math
- Communication skills, both written and oral
- Basic discernment for business processes
- Build and collaborate on processes, fully utilizing company resources
- Contribute, as a team member and individual
- Optimize work process, know the most effective and efficient processes to accomplish work, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Lead and make sense of sophisticated, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory, information to seek problems
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Ensure accountability
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.