Data Engineering Supervisor - Remote
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Data Engineering Senior Supervisor will lead a small team of data engineering professionals to design, build and operate high performance data centric products or solutions through the use of modern engineering practices and technologies. In this role, you will provide guidance to ensure the delivered data centric products or solutions are scalable, sustainable and robust. You will also lead team development and cross team relationships and delivery to advance the company's engineering delivery.
- Lead a local or regional team of engineering professionals that design, develop, deploy and enhance new and existing data centric products or solutions through the use of modern platforms and technologies.
- Provide routine inputs and guidance to the data engineering team on business requirements analysis, technical specification's preparation, product delivery, testing and operation to support businesses strategic direction.
- Coach engineers, share relevant technical approaches, identify new trends, modern skills and present new methodologies within the data engineering community.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Confirmed data engineering experience including technologies of big data, machine learning or data streaming
- Relevant experience working in teams leveraging tools such as Hadoop, Impala, Kafka, Drona, Peanut, Snowflake
- Confirmed knowledge of best practice patterns and how to apply them to data architectures and solutions
- Ability to build trust, and strong relationships
- Experience in stakeholder management and influencing with and without authority
- Remote position within US only.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- The expected salary for this position starts at approx. $128K. This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance. Full-Time (30+ hours) positions are eligible for a benefits package including the following (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions): Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP).
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.