Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Remotely Operated Systems, Operator I, will use their basic drone flight experience to assist and execute ground, flight and data processing operations during project deployment of remotely operated aircraft systems. In this role you will develop basic project plans to include flight planning, perform e safety checks, troubleshooting, and execute the safe launch and recovery of drone(s). You will be involved in making aeronautical decisions at the right time during each flight, which includes taking into account the weather, hazards, drone limitations, route or flight path, use and monitoring of telemetry data, automated flight software, energy or fuel management and technical requirements of the remotely operated aircraft system. You will travel to regional sites and facilitate basic missions required to collect information vital to company projects and operations.
- Perform pre-flight tasks, in-flight tasks, and post-flight tasks, safety checks and troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Operate, safely and professionally, Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems as a Remote Pilot-In-Command at dispersed locations, obtaining project requirement footage or data.
- Consistently executes best solutions as on-site project technician using data and image capturing technologies and effectively operate equipment such as aerial drone systems, flight controllers and associated software and hardware.
- Routinely monitor weather, navigation and airspace limitations to fulfill customer or project requirements.
- Perform compliance checks, airspace reviews, mission planning, mission debriefs and post project data processing and analysis.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
** This role can be performed remotely and/or at a remote location. *
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Unmanned Aircraft System or Remotely Piloted Aircraft System license required by governmental authority to operate unmanned aircraft, drones or remotely piloted aircraft systems, commercially
• Military or commercial experience operating small to large multi-rotor and fixed-wing drones below 1,320 pounds maximum takeoff weight
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
• Experience with common drone flight controller software
• Experience with basic data imaging technology
• Experience with basic drone data processing and management
• Completion of training or a degree in aviation or engineering
• Experience operating an unmanned aircraft system / drones / remotely operated systems in various environments, weather and lighting conditions being utilized in a commercial operation
• Experience working with aircraft command to gather and execute mission information.
• 25 plus hours of flight time in a commercial or military setting, operating small to large multi-rotor and fixed-wing drones below 1,320 pounds maximum takeoff weight
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.