Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
Do you love working in a hardworking team of dedicated professionals? Do you excel at solving complex problems and reevaluating solutions? The Quality Assurance Engineer I establishes quality standards for products and processes and suggest modifications meant to prevent defects in components or final products. In this role, you will collaborate with multifunctional teams to identify and mitigate quality risks. We seek a professional to collaborate with internal and external teams to address customer requirements and concerns, as well as collaborate on audits.
- Lead audit production processes, raw materials, or suppliers/vendors to ensure established quality standards.
- Address customer requirements and concerns, as well as collaborate on quality assurance audits.
- Conduct root cause analysis for defects, nonconformities or other quality failures.
- Ensure compliance with formal external and internal quality standards, such as ISO 9001.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to team members.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Strong mathematical, analytical and technical skills.
- Proficient in computer-aided drafting software, as well as basic computer programs such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Advanced information/research skills.
- Deep understanding of equipment function and maintenance.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet