Maintenance and Reliability Specialist II
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and food service companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Maintenance and Reliability Specialist II will coordinate routine maintenance on plant assets and equipment following established program guidelines. We seek an individual who will perform a range of maintenance activities to achieve established program outcomes. In this role you will utilize your knowledge of consistent maintenance and reliability best practices in the coordination and completion of routine tasks.
Support operations by identifying and reviewing failures, downtime and lost production and partners with more senior team members to identify opportunities to improve reliability and/or determine acceptable risk tolerance for asset.
Conduct complex analysis, quality tests and inspections that require a high level of independent judgment.
Contribute to planning and work coordination for ongoing maintenance and/or reliability related projects.
Collaborate with production staff to coordinate repair work, safety inspections and supply new plant equipment with production schedules.
Troubleshoot equipment and carry out preventive maintenance inspections.
You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Demonstrated understanding of precision maintenance techniques (alignment, shaft tolerances, etc.) and predictive technologies (Vibration Analysis, Infrared, Oil Analysis, Motor Circuit Analysis, etc.) and machinery alignment procedures
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Bilingual : English and Spanish
- Previous experience working in the food production industry (knowledge of regulations)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot
- Previous experience with Maximo or SAP
- Experience and execution in use of Cause Analysis tools (i.e. Root Cause Analysis (RCA), 5 Why, Fishbone, etc.).
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.