Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Accountant will help establish and maintain our accounting policies and fiscal controls, helping prepare financial reports and safeguarding our organization's assets. We seek a professional with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices. In this role, you will help build accurate standard financial statements that comply with established requirements and policies.
- He/she will work to ensure information from different sources (Tax, treasure, Financial Risk Management, Management Information & Decision Support and other functions) is timely available, consolidated and understood.
- Apply accounting techniques and standard practices to classify and record financial transactions.
- Help maintain and monitor the control of Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss accounts
- Supervise traditional general accounting functions.
- Draft segments of statements and reports and begin to handle assignments involving data analysis.
- Review and create standard management and financial accounting report packages.
- Contribute input to new setup and changes in existing financial applications to optimize effectiveness.
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve issues
- As performing these accountabilities, the positions holder will also assist on continuous improvement of reporting processes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Record to Report Process Improvement experience
- Experience in working with finance shared service centers
- Demonstrated ability to understand and use technology to improve process and control
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience in derivative finance management
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Anticipate and adopt innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Experience participating in accounting activities across a country or multisite.
- Ability to work in a global, matrixed company.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.