Head of Integration Management Office
LOCATION : MECHELEN - BELGIUM
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Cargill’s Integration Management Office (IMO) is a newly established team as a part of the company’s global Corporate Development function covering acquisitions, joint-ventures, divestitures and other strategic initiatives. The Head of the IMO will be responsible for managing a group of two or three integration specialists responsible globally for executing program management of strategic actions across the Company, including acquisition integrations, divestiture separations and other portfolio management actions. The IMO will lead (expected for key projects) or by selecting, coaching and supporting the lead for other projects. Integration and separation management will support transaction execution across the entire range of planning, execution and measurement activities. The IMO will lead cross-functional teams across Business, Operations, Finance, Law, IT, HR and others. The IMO will focus on business continuity while maximizing value creation and strategic impact. The Head of IMO will report to the Head of Corporate Development.
60% Leading execution of integration and separation management projects:
- Primary accountability for integration and separation management of key projects
- Lead cross-functional teams of experts for each project
- Responsible for developing detailed project plans at a project level, appropriately bringing together individual plans for each business and function involved with the project
- Responsible for overall and day to day project management of key projects including anticipating, monitoring, managing and reporting/escalating key integration/separation issues
- Provide periodic updates to the Executive Team or Board as required
- Expected to engage early in M&A transactions in partnership with Corporate Development team to identify key due-diligence and separation issues for each transaction
- Responsible for developing and monitoring integration budgets
- Responsible for maintaining engagement with external consulting firms offering integration and separation management services, and in the event external firm is engaged, responsible for assessing and recommending the firm to be hired, negotiating its engagement and managing its project execution
- Comfortable managing multiple projects across different time zones with potentially significant travel requirements
30% Developing and implementing integration and separation management expertise:
- Accountable for development and maintenance of integration and separation management playbooks
- Responsible for developing specific quantitative and qualitative metrics for measuring success of projects, and specifying applicable metrics for each project
- Where direct staffing from IMO not feasible, required to identify, coach and support specific candidates for executing the project
- Responsible for engaging with specific Corporate Development centers of expertise to understand and incorporate their requirements, processes and interdependencies
- Identify and incorporate business and region-specific requirements for integration and separation management
- Responsible for sourcing and incorporating external best practices in integration and separation management
10% Managing and developing direct reports and to a lesser extent other team members:
- Accountable for development and coaching of direct reports
- Responsible for providing inputs in development of other function/business team members from an integration and separation management perspective
- Key member in talent discussions involving selection of integration leads
- 10 years of experience in integration and separation project management and/or related M&A roles and leadership of IMO teams in other corporations
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects across different businesses, regions and teams
- Strong communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate across diverse teams and effectively engage with senior leadership
- Experience identifying and/or mitigating project risks and challenges across integration and separation
- Solid know-how of integration and separation management areas, tools and best-practices
- Strong understanding of integration and separation management service providers and their track-records
- Demonstrated ability to manage small team and develop talent
- Bi/multi lingual
- Global experience
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.