Build Project Engineer
- Prepare commitments/estimates for approval together with representatives of Process Development, Production, Centres of Excellence, Maintenance, Environmental Health and Safety and other departments including but not limited to; mass, utility balance, layout proposal, process preparation and calculations
- Organising and contribution to Hazard Identification Risk Assessment and safe design
- Prepare P&ID's for automation and process control
- Prepare cost calculations, project schedules and construction (safety) plans for projects
- Assisting project managers and the engineering lead with the execution of a project including; budget monitoring, organise and participate in project meetings and support any change management processes
- Prepare and specify ordering materials and labour contracts working with procurement where necessary
- Preparation of software control proposal including the preparation of logic diagrams
- Co-ordination of construction activities including contractor coordination, maintaining safety during construction and tracking any changes
- Ensure proper implementation of Cargill Best Practices and policies and external standards e.g.- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), ATEX, building permits, environmental permits, local legislation, Cargill food safety and safety rules
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Project engineering / process improvement experience with exposure to build project management experience, ideally from a similar process industry e.g. food/feed, chemicals, pharmaceuticals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence others and work with multifunctional plant teams and personnel
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives/projects and communicate goals, objectives and accomplishments to a broad audience (technical and non-technical)
- Experience of working directly in a plant manufacturing environment with a good understanding of plant processes and operational needs
- Experience in P&ID modification, working on design criteria / specifications and working to best practice and applicable local laws and regulations
- Able to deliver projects safely and in budget under tight time deadlines
- Able to clearly articulate project status updates and use project tracking tools
- A creative mindset to overcome challenging engineering problems
- Can work flexibility in order to achieve project goals and is prepared to travel to other Cargill locations when required
- Fluent English both verbally and written
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.