Job location: Manchester, UK (M17 1PA)
This position is responsible for the procurement of plant materials, services and CAPEX as well as sourcing activities for large spend projects for multiple locations in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium and Norway. The position holder will manage sourcing processes and procurement records, manage supplier events and relationships, and implement strategies.
The position provides exposure to a variety of businesses and will interact closely with plant operations and other Cargill departments (Transportation and Logistics, Strategic Sourcing, Business Supply Chain).
- Responsible for managing the procurement process to select suppliers for procurement of non-contracted materials/ goods/ services that are outside of local spend
- Perform analysis of internal spend data, understand requirements and specifications from internal stakeholders and use this to research supplier options
- Collate supplier bids and perform analysis of results and negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers for contracts (values usually over £100,000)
- Work with internal colleagues in the event of supplier issues to understand these and proactively resolve them, in the event of more significant issues work with Strategic Sourcing to find a resolution
- Establish and maintain on-going tracking mechanisms for performance metrics to track the value captured
- Woking to establish contracts, pricing structures and vendor management in a unified way across Cargill
- Develop a general understanding of plant operations and business requirements (e.g. product development plans, marketing projections for new products, planned product line expansions) in order to support with OPEX/ CAPEX purchasing
- Conduct research and analysis on external events that may impact purchasing, for example geopolitical events, global trade conditions, import/ export law
- University degree (or equivalent) preferably in a related subject or substantial relevant experience
- CIPS qualified or working towards CIPS is preferred but not essential
- Proven relevant procurement, buying and strategic sourcing experience including knowledge of professional purchasing policies and procedures relating to CAPEX spend
- Proven negotiation skills with suppliers and able to develop collaborative relationships
- Knowledge of an international manufacturing environment is preferred and the ability to work across different business units/ functions
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Tools and Processes (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma) would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and experience with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system for example; SAP SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) module - knowledge of Ariba (E-sourcing would be useful)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders in fluent English
- Fluent in other European languages (preference for Dutch) is useful but not required
- Detail-oriented with strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Able to travel within the UK and Northern Europe
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://www.cargill.com/careers/global-inclusion-and-diversity
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.