Lead Production Operator
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Lead Production Operator
Position Purpose & Summary
The Lead Operator is primarily responsible for delivering line output of volume and quality aligned to safety. The role will implement the daily plan for production and coordinate the cross functional activities locally. The Lead Operator interacts effectively with other colleagues from departments primarily those based in Liverpool.
For the upcoming years, the individual in this role will focus on four main goals: contributing to the strength of their production team, increase capacity output through continuous improvement, improve the house keeping standards, reduce rework stock and yield loss.
The role will support the implementation and execution of the FSQR and EHS policies on site.
The role supports the shift production team and will report directly to the Shift Team Leader.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND (FOOD) SAFETY - 10%
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed on a day to day basis related to employee safety and food Safety.
- Ensures compliance with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) corporate safety policies and procedures addressing any non-compliance as appropriate.
- Health & Safety: Demonstrates and enforces a culture of zero harm.
- Food Safety: ensures monitoring risks associated with products. Ensures HACCP requirements are met.
- Ensures workforce is trained in safety and food safety fundamentals.
- Acts as ‘responsible person’ outside of office hours in the absence of a Team Leader
LOGISTICS & PLANNING – 10%
- Ensure coordination with local Logistics to ensure loading and unloading meets set timelines.
- Support execution and delivery of production commitments based on agreed weekly production plans.
- Supports, prepares and reviews accordingly for planned maintenance/cleaning
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE – 25%
- Supports day-to-day operations (IDEX) for all production processes for multiple departments and processes.
- Ensures plant is kept in line with required hygiene standards
- Identifies, aligns, supports and provides relevant input to operational practices and efficiencies. Utilizes deep technical skills (i.e. production, engineering, EHS) and relevant experience to identify/solve problems and recommends/implements operating efficiencies.
- Executes common reliability processes; focus on identifying and supporting the elimination of the root-cause of reliability problems, etc. Supports continuous improvement programs based on the
- Stable Ops/Six Sigma principles.
- Champions a culture that promotes operational excellence. Gains feedback from the team and recommends process improvements and supports business case for new investments/innovations.
- Supports the delivery of the overall production performance against daily production targets (liquid and solid lines).
- Support and deliver the workload looking at the weekly plan.
- In the absence of Team Leader, produce shift report and communicate to other teams covering KPI’s related to safety, production volumes, yields, rework, absenteeism.
- Operate manufacturing equipment and automated control system, complete in-process testing, complete basic maintenance and cleaning of the process equipment.
- Complete FSQR testing on WIP and finished product, complete relevant FSQR checks and documentation
PEOPLE AND RESOURCES - 25%
- Leads the shift consisting of approximately 7 operators in absence of the team leader.
- Executes general workforce policies, philosophies and programs in the areas of communications, onboarding, staffing, training, evaluations, disciplinary actions and safety for their employees where appropriate.
- Executes systems and processes to maintain a high performing workforce.
OPERATIONAL INVOLVEMENT AND COVER- 30%
- Cover for Team Leader and operators as required
Grade C+ GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
Extensive experience in a manufacturing environment
Relevant experience in a food or Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
Ability to work in a crossfunctional organization
Demonstrated ability to implement production plans
Ability to drive results and deliver on key measurables and objectives
Solution/Improvement focused with the ability to develop and implement as appropriate
Functional/Technical skills in: Engineering, Quality, EHS
Ability to make informed decisions and set priorities in ambiguous situations
Change management – ability to implement and be open to changes
Ability to deal with Conflict to achieve positive outcomes
Ability to be calm under pressure and engenders this approach in others
Ability to communicate effectively and adapt style according to audience
Self Development mindset
Ability to drive performance within their team through effective leadership, delegation and development of employees
Demonstrated ability to successfully apply continuous improvement tools and principles
Solid understanding of food manufacturing technology and processes
The recruitment process and your data
This role is managed by Cargill’s recruitment partner, Morson International. By submitting your CV for this role you are providing your consent to your CV and application details being sent to Morson International for the purposes of managing the recruitment process. If you have any questions about how Morson International will use your data for this application process please contact Tahanee Twist via 0161 707 1516.If you have any questions about how Cargill will use your data for this application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.