Strategic Account Manager- Poultry
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Strategic Account Manager - Poultry will be responsible for expanding strategic partnerships with assigned large poultry industry customers. In this role, you will create demand for our products and services by raising the company's profile with customers. You will collaborate with other teams to ensure defined customer needs are met.
This position will be responsible to provide clients with technical expertise by providing practical knowledge of technical solutions to support their business growth and production systems. This involves knowledge of live production practices, facilities, health, and nutrition programs. This position requires production performance monitoring and analysis as an important component of customer service.
- Develop and implement the strategy for designated key customers to expand demand, drive growth and extend the strategic partnership.
- Establish trust, mutually beneficial and long-term partnership with customers, clarify mid to long term customer needs, and develop and agree to a specification of customer requirements.
- Collect insights from the external market to understand competitors and influence trends, define and deliver the value proposition.
- Build and nurture an internal network to deliver optimal solutions such as leading collaboration with key stakeholders internally, defining long-term strategy, and anticipating challenges to ensure effective resolution of issues.
- Use tailored storytelling that resonates with and inspires customers, creating excitement around our role in achieving their strategic objectives.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Responsible for bringing technical expertise to provide clients nutrition knowledge and Cargill technology solutions. Helping them understand how Cargill Animal Nutrition can provide solutions for them and improve profitability.
**This position is posted internally as well as externally.
*** Open to remote locations in the Pennsylvania, Ohio, or New York general and surrounding areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in understanding customer context, uncovering customer key performance indicators, articulating customer objectives, and adding value to partnerships
- Experience in business development in highly competitive, mature markets
- Minimum of six years of related poultry industry experience
- 10+ plus years of related poultry industry experience
- Poultry production experience
- Sales experience preferred
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.