Cargill is a trusted salt supplier to a wide variety of industries; our portfolio includes food processing salts, sodium reduction solutions, salt for water softeners and swimming pools, bulk and packaged ice melters, industrial salts, and salt for animal feeding.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive in a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe! We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Job Type: Full time
Shift Available: 1st shift 4 day schedule Saturday- Tuesday
Compensation: $27.75- $37.75/hr
Sign-On Bonus: $1,500
A Typical Work Day May Include:
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Documenting all completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various electrical components and systems including low voltage automation systems, medium voltage motor control circuits, and high voltage (<15kV) power distribution systems
- Comprehending mechanical/electrical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs., kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Minimum of one year experience troubleshooting and maintaining various electrical components and systems (low, medium, or high voltage)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Ability to work underground in a mining environment
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Technician (CMRT) or willing to acquire certification
- Heavy equipment/industrial maintenance technical diploma from a trade school, or 3 years equivalent experience •Predictive Maintenance and/or Precision Maintenance Certifications
- Experience with high voltage (<15kV) power distribution systems
- High school diploma/GED or two-year equivalent work experience
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Note: this position does not provide any type of
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate them. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status. Employees may be required to wear masks, depending on requirements of the business and public health requirements based on the spread of COVID in the community.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.