Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Administrative Assistant will provide moderately complex, varied-to-routine administrative, human resources, production and clerical support. We seek a professional who will coordinate, integrate and implement assigned administrative, documentation or staff functions.
- Assist plant management in handling administrative tasks related to job order requests, time entry, onboarding and separation documents, payroll changes and corrective action documentation.
- Apply knowledge of department operations and infrastructure, policies and procedures to perform moderately complex administrative processes.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, plant events, community outreach, diaries and travel arrangements.
- Solicit, collect and organize documentation and data, performing moderately complex data entry and documentation into one or more human resources or operations systems.
- Receive and relay messages and respond to varied to routine administrative requests.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience such as customer service or administrative experience or related
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Bachelors or associates in Business Administration or similar stream
- Experience working with administrative tasks like inventory tracking, order entry, HR, documentation and organization
- Experience in meeting and event planning
- SAP or other ERP knowledge and experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.