Customs Analyst II
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Customs Analyst II will execute import and export compliance tasks and other customs activities for one or more countries. In this role, you will work closely with internal business units to address risk and leverage customs opportunities, develop and implement control and compliance frameworks, contribute to government inquiries and provide operational mentorship and training.
- Perform moderately complex customs compliance tasks and actively participate on projects associated with customs compliance.
- Implement objectives for corporate and capital structure, funding, trade and risk management, trade flow and supply chains, using key customs attributes.
- Support global trade operation and compliance team and businesses with classifications, country of origin determinations, regulated product flows, free trade agreement validations and other programs required for compliant cross border trade.
- Support businesses as regulatory and legislative changes occur.
- Build and lead all aspects of corporate compliance policies and guidelines, liaising with government and associations to build a reputation of compliance.
- Conduct import and export risk assessments, providing strategy and planning support for business units involved in import and export activities.
- Retrieve information in response to moderate risk audits and information requests from external customs authorities, verifying with more senior team members.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge of classification and origin determination
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Experience working on customs compliance matters, preferably with a large accounting firm, government, major law firm or multinational company
- Hands on experience with related programs and applications
- Minimum of three years of customs experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.