Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety and Quality Technician I is accountable for food safety and quality inspection process within a specified range. In this role, you will conduct tests and inspections following internal and external procedures in environment health and safety and food safety.
- Conduct routine inspection following the compliance program including Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point, Food and Drug Administration, National Meat Inspection Services.
- Identify and analyze deviations to avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses, report the serious one to higher-level staff for guidance.
- Follow company environment, health and safety policies and procedures; identify instances of risky behaviors in the workplace and take appropriate action, escalating serious issues as appropriate.
- Participate in audits by attending audits, preparing required documents, and ensuring all documentation is completed, current and verified to support production management decisions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Handle basic clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Experienced in manufacturing as Line Inspectors or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation and manufacturing practices in the assessment of plant hygiene program.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more: https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.