The purpose of this position is to maintain optimum functionality and reliability for all plant equipment. Maintenance Craftsperson is responsible for maintenance and reliability in the most efficient and workman like manner. Performs jobs such as inspections, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and repairs. Interacts on a regular basis with management peer maintenance and facility personnel along with contractors/vendors.
• Investigates and solve maintenance issues (such as lubrication, welding, plant troubleshooting, repair of equipment, proper use of fasteners, gaskets, bushings, and tools), and provide solutions to problems.
• Provides support in troubleshooting equipment to ensure effective and efficient operations.
• Repairs equipment as necessary.
• Inputs work order information, updates in computer system (i.e. SAP).
• Performs pre-job hazard analysis type worksheet(s) and turn in to direct supervisor.
• Participates in Cause Mapping analysis.
• Participates in ongoing maintenance skill level improvement training and apply what they have learned.
• Performs all requested tasks professionally and in a reasonable time frame.
• Is flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Communicates/Shares the status of all maintenance activities and projects with peers and management as necessary.
• Reads and interprets work orders, job plans, drawings, and technical specification and equipment/manufacturer manuals.
• Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as team with all involved.
• Understands and adheres to state and federal Occupational Safety and health rules and regulations as related to plant safety. Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
• Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings.
• Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere wish a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
• Assist other Crush and other plant personnel as needed and will perform any other duty as requested by management.
• Minimum passing score of 60% on the pre-hire mechanic assessment is required.
• Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
• Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
• Must be able to read/write English.
• Basic computer skills.
• Must be able to perform physical job duties including lifting 50 pounds, bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
• Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
• Ability to work in elevated areas.
• Must be able to operate heavy equipment.
• Ability to work overtime, holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
• Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• High School diploma or Equivalent.
• Must be able to perform maintenance trades including welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems and mechanical maintenance.
• Prior experience in production related work.
• Able to perform maintenance trades including machinist and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning).
This Full-time position is in Kansas City, MO; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.