Supplier Quality Specialist II
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
You will be part of the Supplier and External Manufacturer, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory team. The Supplier Quality Specialist II is a key position responsible for auditing external suppliers of packaging and ingredients to Cargill. In this role, you will liaise closely with suppliers, internal colleagues in commercial, logistics and research and development to ensure our goal of 100% safe and quality food, through effectively managing supplier relationships. In the event of an issue arising, you will work closely with suppliers to resolve these.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all raw material ingredients and packaging suppliers are approved and have in place systems that align with Cargill standards.
- Conduct audits and risk assessments on packaging and ingredients suppliers on a shifted month schedule.
- Ensure due diligence records are established for raw materials purchased by Cargill and routinely ensure that materials comply to Cargill and customer food safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Keep the technical library in SharePoint current with information on; raw materials and specifications.
- Monitor the performance of raw materials against specification requirements, follow up with suppliers to gather data and in the event of adverse material performance, work collaboratively to implement corrective actions.
- You will work with our local and regional production facilities to set the incoming raw material criteria and drive improvement in quality and safety for all ingredients and packaging.
- Help write and maintain Supplier Quality Manuals and keep up to date with new legal, labeling and food safety changes
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology
- Computer literacy, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SAP.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, fluency in English and able to present in an articulate manner.
- The ability to influence multiple, complex partners at different levels both internally and externally locally and globally.
- A keen eye for detail able to identify information for accuracy and relevance, work unsupervised but in a wider team structure.
- ISO Lead Auditor qualified would be useful or equivalent recognized auditor qualification.
- Experience in a comparable position in the food manufacturing environment preferably in a supplier auditing capacity focusing on specifications, systems, packaging/ ingredients.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.