Strategic operational oversight for all production processes for 2 facilities located within 30 km radius; one with high complexity and the other one with medium complexity of operation. Ensures areas of responsibilities meet Business Unit / BOSC standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
- Leads employee and food/feed safety program standards and goals. Accountable for:
- all internal / external operating procedures on employee safety and food/feed safety including strategic and tactical execution in alignment with Corporate Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR), functions as well as government regulations.
- Collaborates with EHS/FSQR experts to ensure the most effective risk mitigation plans and regulatory compliance strategies are in place.
- Health & Safety: champions a culture of zero harm and people first.
- Environmental: Champion zero Significant Environment Events (SEE), reduces and proactively avoids environmental impact and risk to the businesses and community.
- Food Safety: Accountable for eliminating risks associated with products. Ensures HACCP requirements are met in all food and feed processes.
- Accountable for the EHS and FSQR performance of the facilities, and taking lead to improve results of days without RI, RIFR, food safety index, including closing findings from audits.
- Leads tactical and strategic initiatives representing the business with external/internal authorities and community.
- Builds and maintains community relations that align with Cargill’s corporate and business interests while addressing stakeholders/community needs. Represents Cargill in the local community serving as the primary spokesperson by directly responding to food safety, safety and environmental affairs related topics.
PRODUCTION CUSTOMER QUALITY/RELIABILITY
- Sets and deploys operational priorities, leads strategic and tactical operations management deliverables to ensure customer and manufacturing excellence standards are met.
- Collaborates / partners with Logistics/Procurement/Sales/Supply Chain professionals to ensure availability of raw materials and ability to meet customer specifications and timelines. Ensures that customers are satisfied and that any inquiries, incidents and/or issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Develops and oversees implementation of performance metrics for capturing, monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of corporate quality management activities and programs at the plant level.
- Partners with internal/external stakeholders (i.e. customers, Engineering, FSQR, Sales, Technology) to define, adopt and monitor performance indicators to measure plant operation performance in areas that impact the customers and recommend areas of improvement and innovation.
- Champions and leverages technology innovation by developing strategic operational plans and coordinating execution. Partners with business leadership and with Manufacturing Technology Lead to identify emerging trends and translate into long-medium term operational goals. Ensures Cargill Intellectual Property (IP) materials, processes and knowledge are protected and maintained.
- Develops/supports customer relationships by meeting businesses objectives and by understanding how operational performance impact internal/external customers.
PRODUCTION FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE / CAPITAL EFFECTIVENESS
- Leads, directs and controls capital and operating budgets for the plants, to achieve financial performance objectives and budget aligned and set by the business. Ensures and holds direct accountable for meeting and controlling operating expenses and established targets.
- Manages manufacturing cost and understands how production expenditure impacts businesses profitability and viability.
- Partner with the project team to ensure capital projects objectives and scope are consistent with business strategy and technology strategy, and execute with right standard defined by corporate.
- Responsible for overseeing the overall operational management of the manufacturing plants. Implements operational efficiency improvements which may include corporate best practices, manufacturing excellence programs, plant information and smart manufacturing systems.
- Responsible for aligning overall team resources, with direct coordination/support from Operations Lead, to execute medium-long term strategies and meeting the operations goals in accordance with business and BOSC objectives.
- Enforces a culture that builds, operates and maintains plants that are operational sound, safe, and efficient. Champions and leverages leading operational practices and aggressively raise the performance of poor departments by monitoring key performance indicators (i.e. yield optimization, energy/water usage reductions, operator safety indexes, etc).
- Collaborates with COEs or MTLs to identify, deploy and leverage opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Develops and provides coaching to the direct report and production team members, including coaching Cargill’s core values and guiding principles.
- Oversees general workforce administration policies and programs in the areas of communications, staffing, training, evaluations, disciplinary actions and safety. Develops planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees.
- Responsible for developing strong leaders and a more diverse workforce by seeking multiple approaches to source/attract diverse talent. Incorporates diversity in succession planning and job fulfillment.
- Develops/Implements Plant operational training programs and monitors employee performance records on a regular basis.
- Accountable for medium-term outlook workforce planning and accountable for successful training and on boarding of new/transferred employees as well as workforce engagement, recognition, development and coaching.
- Leads and implements systems and processes to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Holds direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and identifies/leverages best practices in engagement.
- Education : Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering (preferably chemical engineering, food science, oils and fats technology)
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Knowledge of physical refining, alkali refining, fractionation, hydrogenation, winterization of soft oils and tropical oils.
- Working in Plant Environment for at least 50% of the time
- Working with local government
- Travel will be limited to around 10% of the time,
- English Language Proficiency
- Computer Software Proficiency (MS office, AutoCAD, MS Projects)
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- People development Skills.
- Managing government relations
- Contractor Management Skills.
- Working knowledge of Reliability Programs (such as TPM or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (such as FSSC 22000, ISO 9000, ISO 14000, ISO 22000)
- Working knowledge on Manufacturing excellence ( stable ops, lean, 6 sigma, green belt, black belt )
- 12-15 Years of working experience in oils and fats industry (in particular soft oils processing) of which at least 5 years need to be in a plant manager role.
- Managing at least 4-5 different production lines.
- Experience of managing 2 or more automated packaging lines.
- Managing teams in excess of 100 employees and 50 contractors.
- Managing relations with the local, provincial regulatory authorities related to plant operations.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.