Live Egg Handler
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Live Egg Handler
Cargill is a large and reputable food company with operations around the world. Cargill Value Added Protein operates a chicken processing plant in London, Ontario and a hatchery in Jarvis, Ontario. The processing plant employs approximately 900 employees and processes 85,000 chickens each day. The hatchery has approximately 70 employees and, on average, produces 150,000 chicks per day. Cargill Value Added Protein operates ground beef processing facilities in Brampton, Ontario and Spruce Grove, Alberta employing approximately 130 employees.
Preparing eggs to be hatched for Production Servicing. Achieved by conducting servicing requirements as well as production related sanitation procedures.
- Pull eggs from the setters (temperature regulated environment) and put onto dollies - able to read and understand information and records related to the set.
- Perform cleaning and sanitation duties including washing of dollies and egg trays, setter clean-up and hatcher room clean-up in accordance to hatchery specific programs, SOPs and protocols.
- Assists in the setup, operation, shutdown and sanitation of the inovoject egg injection system.
- Monitor the inovoject vaccinator to ensure properly functionality and to perform basic maintenance functions when required.
- Assists in preparing the marek’s vaccine required for the inovoject process.
- Pull the eggs from the dollies and load onto the inovoject conveyor and to stack the hatcher baskets full of eggs.
- Gentle and correct handling of eggs and embryos.
- Other duties as assigned
This Full-time position is located in Jarvis, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 40lbs, kneeling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills
- Prior experience in production related work
- Prior hatchery experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.