JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Transportation Specialist will contribute to coordinating our inbound and outbound logistical operations, including inventory management, warehousing and transportation to ensure sufficient supply of goods and products. In this role, using basic knowledge and limited discretion you will execute tasks and resolve routine issues for standard modes of transport during shipments within a single country.
• Contribute to collecting and organizing fleet-related information from internal and external clients and customers, and conduct computer data entry to track and document movement.
• Organize an effective system that meets the organization's inventory control needs through efficient transportation of raw materials.
• Monitor activities from receiving, locating and dispatching, sourcing, purchasing and optimizing inventory levels.
• Help plan and direct our fleet activities.
• Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.