Sr. Software Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Cargill Digital Solutions is optimizing animal nutrition through a connected digital solution. Driven by Cargill’s mission to nourish the world, Cargill Digital Solutions operates as a separate and distinct business and leverages its organizational knowledge and expertise in animal nutrition as well as mill and farm operations to help their customers grow their business. We seek a Senior Software Engineer who will utilize agile methodologies to develop and maintain software applications. In this role you will also conduct software application testing and support to ensure smooth, stable and timely implementation of new software; shipping frequently and working directly with customers to ensure success of our digital products. It is a senior role, with ability to influence product direction and mentor junior members of the team.
- Design scalable, distributed applications; write and document code for software products
- As part of the agile team, help estimate and prioritize backlog of enhancements and defects and implement changes
- Analyze business requirements and determine necessary technical specifications
- Mentor and guide others on the team in software development
- Key contributor into the strategy and technical planning of product technology in accordance with internal and external software compliance standards
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or related experience
- Minimum of four years of experience in designing and building software applications
- C#/.NET with WPF experience
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience with React
- Writing automated unit, integration and regression tests.
- Experience in commercial software development
- Expert at agile practices
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality code in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Skilled at troubleshooting and debugging production issues
- Minimum of seven years of experience in designing and building software applications
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.