Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Data Engineer will help design, build, and operate high-performance, full-stack, data-centric solutions utilizing the comprehensive capabilities of Cargill’s Data, Cloud, API, and Streaming platforms. In this role, you will contribute to delivering a flexible and interoperable data product in support of Analytics and Integration use cases. You will contribute to design of data structures and pipelines to collect data and design and implement data transformations, combinations, or aggregations. You will help build data streams and APIs to make data more consumable.
- Collaborate with businesses and other stakeholders to participate in product or solution designs.
- Develop robust, scalable and sustainable data products or solutions utilizing cloud based technologies.
- Provide moderately complex technical support through all phases of product or solution life cycle.
- Perform data analysis, handle data modeling and configure and develop data pipelines to move and optimize data assets.
- Build moderately complex prototypes to test new concepts and provide ideas on reusable frameworks, components and data products or solutions and help promote adoption of new technologies.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Position is based in Hopkins, MN.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Proficiency in at least one backend programming language such as Java, Python, C#, Golang.
- Proven experience using SQL (stored procedures) or NoSQL, performance tuning.
- Experience with Unix shell scripting.
- Experience in API development and/or ETL processes.
- Experience developing software using agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing and/or analytical tools.
- Experience using any Hadoop Distribution, preferably Cloudera, to build solutions that deliver value through leveraging data as an asset.
- Experience building Kafka or Apache Pulsar streaming solutions
- Experience with NoSQL backends
- Experience with API frameworks, gateways, and management
- Experience working with various types of data sources such as SAP, JDE and other ERP systems.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.