Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
We seek an Associate Engineer who will help maintain integrate and implement software applications within the organization. In this role, you will help design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software and new user-facing features in Cargill products and applications.
- Help compile and prioritize enhancements and defect resolutions to applications, implementing changes.
- Conduct technical software testing and debug systems and software applications, as needed.
- Perform basic and less complex programming, coding and documentation of systems and applications software.
- Analyze business requirements and prepare detailed technical specifications to write applications and programs.
- Perform supporting activities related to the strategy and technical planning of system/application technology in accordance with internal and external software compliance standards.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to program in at least two programming languages
- Experience writing automated unit, integration and regression tests
- Experience in commercial software development and agile practices
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.