Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Plant Manager will lead all production or operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. In this role, you will deliver on the production plan for a designated site ensuring that safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met, and you will lead continuous improvement activities within production.
- Monitor overall manufacturing operational results such as yields, consumables, efficiencies and cost figures and takes appropriate action to stay on track with budgets and other agreed targets.
- Accountable for overseeing execution and delivery of production commitments for the site.
- Ensure safety of the production facility by collaborating with internal and external resources to drive towards a zero-harm culture for accident or illness within the manufacturing function.
- Ensure operational compliance with feed safety and quality are met.
- Provide leadership and mentor our team allowing development of strong leaders at all levels to ensure succession and capability for a more diverse workforce.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement together with timely root cause analysis of non-standard conditions.
- Ensure ongoing review of key performance indicators with focus on continuous improvements in site operational targets.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able and willing to work from heights (i.e. ladders, catwalks, etc.) and in an indoor/outdoor environment.
- Experience in organizational development and people management.
- Ability to lead people through the change management cycle.
- Established skills in continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or Business
- Feed mills operations experience.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.