Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Laboratory Technician will complete moderately complex analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. In this role, you will perform routine analysis of product testing and will check and monitor instrumentation performance, conduct tests and document results into databases and communicate test results.
- Conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in process and final products independently and support more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
- Ensure compliance programs for all individual testing, which includes monitoring adherence to regulations and other procedural food safety compliance.
- Interpret and document results of tests into active databases and communicate results to internal customers as required.
- Run calibration checks, preventive maintenance tasks and simple repair to analytical instrumentation and maintain customer specifications books.
- Help develop food and feed safety, quality and regulatory culture and collaborate cross functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift that includes nights, weekends and holidays
- Manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet