Strategic Pricing Associate Director
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible, and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition, and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers, and foodservice companies.
The Strategic Pricing Associate Director takes the lead to develop and execute the strategic pricing process capability across all sales channels for defined business. In this role, you will manage the deployment of pricing as an end-to-end process, from strategic considerations, to actual price setting techniques, governance and supporting technology. This role should demonstrate thought leadership and effectively engage and influence stakeholders across the business. This role will also lead the strategic development and business optimization of the long-term contract’s portfolio for defined business segments.
- Develop fact-based approach to customer profitability by in-depth understanding of the margins at the customer level for defined sales channels.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to maximize profitability and anticipate market changes, as well as improve approach to pricing in segmentation, market insights, specific customer requirements and added value service.
- Mentor and coach the pricing function organization and indirectly the sales teams
- Support customer negotiations for contracting discussions; keep track of cost and price in various markets globally and drive teams to pro-active selling and margin optimization.
- Manage strategic pricing reporting and process and optimize the margin structure to ensure the financial business objectives as well as specific customer and market targets are met.
- Take the lead in the execution of different pricing strategies and improve sustainable profitability by partnering with various internal functions, like product line, sales, marketing, and finance.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement of the strategic pricing process, like improving quality and delivery efficiency, optimizing connection with adjacent commercial processes, and coordinating activities across markets globally.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching, and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Analytical proficiency to derive insights from large and complex sets of business data.
- Financial knowledge for profit and loss, margin and price decision making.
- Experienced in leading transformation of business unit’s pricing function.
- Experienced in project and change management.
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- MBA / CA /ICWA with 10+ years of work experience in pricing, margin/revenue growth management FMCG or related sectors
- Experience working with Analytical tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Deep understanding of cost drivers and revenue drivers
- Proven strong communication, negotiation. Stakeholder management & interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with marketing, sales, and Finance teams through influence
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.