Maintenance Electrician AM
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
- Perform preventive maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Preform preventative maintenance and troubleshoot equipment safely while abiding by all policies & procedures.
- Follow company policies (performance, safety, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment.
- Perform administrative tasks including completing permits, parts ordering, and work order completion.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping and climbing ladders.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold (0-4 celcius).
- Must be able to read/write English..
- Must be able to perform electrical trade.
- Ontario or Inter-Provincial 309A/442A Electrician’s Certificate (Fully licensed).
- Able to operate machinery.
- Prior experience in production related work.
- Basic food safety knowledge.
- Experience in food manufacturing or packaging.
- Allen Bradley PLC knowledge.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Able to perform maintenance trades including gearbox and bearing maintenance.
This Full time position is located in Guelph; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.