Production Shift Leader
• Ensures that, all rules governing our operations are adhered to by the team. E.g. Environment, Health and Safety rules, Food safety rules, GMP rules etc
• Responsible as auditor, inspector and investigator related EHS
• The main head of the plant during nights, week-ends, public holidays, when the day management is not on the site
• Implement, lead & promote EHS as first priority refer to ISO 45001 & ISO14001
• To make sure that, all products produced, are done timely according to targets and also meets all quality specifications. He disseminates instructions, ensures accurate data collection by operators, and ensures proper handing over to the coming shift.
• manages the interface between his shift and other department, particularly maintenance department, laboratory department, and cleaning department.
• promotes teamwork, identifies gaps in operators’ competencies, and offers support and coaching in their development
• Profusely recognize good behavior but likewise firm in enforcing disciplinary action for any infractions.
• Resolve concerns, conflicts, or frictions among crew during the shift.
• Frequently review and relearn with his team the guiding principles, relevant to EHS practice, SOPs, and the GMPs of food quality to ensure rooting and updated understanding of Cargill’s culture.
• Guide new staff based on job descriptions and current operating procedures
• Maintains close coordination with other support departments (i.e. Maintenance, FSQR, SC, & HR).
• Ensures that quality and volume meet customer’s requirement.
• Implements and lead by example the “Cargill Food Safety and EHS practices” in his daily routines.
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
·Bachelors Engineering discipline, mechanical, industrial, chemical, food, or other relevant engineering field or manufacturing
·Good engineering knowledge and aptitude
·Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (technical, sales, logistics, accounting), contractors, suppliers, inspectors and customers
·Ability to work in shift according scheduled planning
·Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment, and failures
·Demonstrated ability to make proposals which improve the operational effectiveness of a processing facility
·+5 years Operations supervisor experience (preferred)
·Good communication skill and above average skill in written and spoken English
·Hands on experience on food safety or occupational safety practices is an advantage.
·Knowledgeable in people management, mechanical and electrical system, and safety management in a manufacturing plant operation.
·Desirable green belt level six sigma
·Analytical thinking could make fact-based decision, food safety and EHS champion
·Trustworthy and positive attitude towards change
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.