Senior tax control framework specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Tax Control Framework Specialist will implement and standardize our regional tax control framework. We seek a professional who will take the lead in the design and controls of models and templates, ensuring proper documentation exists for each main area of the framework and continues standardization of the existing tax control frameworks to a standardized tool where possible, allowing local country deviations from the standard if needed. In this role you will be key in guiding our tax managers to control and monitor their main tax risks.
- Guide the country tax managers and local tax teams to ensure the successful implementation of a control framework for the tax and customs function.
- Work with our local tax team, accounting and finance, tax Cargill business services and business teams to define and document main tax policies and procedures in each country for main taxes.
- Lead and assist our tax manager and the local team in conducting a tax risk analysis and developing a risk and control matrix in each country.
- Create, measure and monitor metrics to ensure effectiveness of controls. Develop and maintain practical control and monitoring tools using information technology solutions. Develop the design of a regular reporting on the effectiveness of controls and risks and/or remediate gap
- Ensure consistency across country in the design and implementation of the tax control framework and within finance.
- Lead through change by identifying and implementing process simplification, standardization and improvement while proactively pursuing tax processes optimization. Create a culture of initiating change and driving results within the tax and customs function.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in tax and customs and in tax accounting.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Master's degree in finance or accounting; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to create a culture of continuous improvement, process optimization, and intellectual curiosity
- Established ability to understand and use technology to improve process and control.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.