Account Representative- Beef
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
The Account Representative- Beef will, with guidance, sell directly to the consumer or business purchaser or indirectly through various sales channels. We seek a results-oriented professional who is comfortable conducting face-to-face and remote sales with new and existing customers. In this role, you will assist in evaluating customer needs and suggesting appropriate products, services and solutions.
Help identify potential customers and handle existing customer relationships.
With guidance conduct market research and pricing, sales and merchandising activities.
Monitor customer and competitor activity and industry trends.
Protect, grow and diversify the relationship with targeted customers.
Support business growth by disseminating favorable information about the organization and its products and services.
You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
Provided technical services support for a specific geographic area.
Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR three years of equivalent working experience
• Ability to travel up to 50% to 70% of the time (including 30% overnight travel)
• Demonstrated three years of sales experience
• Computer skills
• Valid driver's license and driving skills
• Able and willing to cover these geographic areas: Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama.
• Three years of experience with beef cattle production.
• Strong desire to grow, learn and develop your sales skills.
Success factors or skills
• Compelling and Authentic Communication skills – ability to adapt message and style to a variety of audiences (both internal employees and external customers)
• Pursue and reinforce collaboration – a strong ability to seek out and partner with other groups, internal and external to the business and the company
• Develop and leverage deep customer knowledge and insights – passion for understanding the customer’s business and needs and an ability to match with internal capabilities
• Proven ability to follow sales process
• Proven ability to successfully lead complex negotiations
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.