Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”
Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”
Job ID FRE02528
Date posted 10/16/2020
This Full Time position is located in Fremont, NE; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
The Production Technicians are responsible to operate multiple pieces of equipment to mix and pack, in proper bags with proper tags, feeds from bagging/dosing bins. This includes the operation of bin gates, sacking scale, forklift bag hanger, sewing machine, warehouse conveyors, and dosing system.
Shift: 2nd Shift (Monday-Friday 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm).
Compensation: $17.50/hr plus $0.75 of shift differential.
- Operate multiple pieces of production equipment, i.e. batching mixers, pellet mill, packaging lines and micro dosing system.
- Set up machine properly according to mixing record and operating procedures.
- Insure that finished product is mixed, and packaged in proper bags and tags according to mixing record.
- Collecting product samples, utilizing computer systems to input and record data as necessary
- Inspect equipment for hazards, shields out of place, etc.
- Stack and identify packaged products on a quality pallet according to standard procedures.
- Ensure equipment is weighing properly to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Obtain, review, complete, printouts, and sign as required.
- Notify supervisor immediately of problems, i.e., short or long bag run weights, contamination, color variations, etc.
- Report routine maintenance needs, unusual wear, or repairs needed on the above mentioned equipment to the shift supervisor.
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic use of a computer.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice.
- Forklift certified.
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills.
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of Inventory Systems.
- Feed Mill experience is desired.
- Prior experience in production related work.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match