Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Position Purpose & Summary
This position is responsible for providing operational leadership for the premix facility in Fremont NE. The role will be leading the facility in EHS, food safety, operational excellence, developing operations team and ensuring product quality to meet customer satisfaction.
50% - People Management; emphasizing efforts to build effective leadership team for the site and create pipeline for own position as well as other positions in the leadership team. Further description:
• Create a culture aligned to Cargill’s core values and guiding principles.
• Oversee policies and programs in the areas of communications, staffing, training, evaluations, disciplinary actions and safety.
• Responsible for developing strong leaders and a diverse workforce.
• Leading engagement, recognition, development and coaching activities.
• Holds teams accountable for performance goals, standards and execution on agreed upon expectations.
25% - Manufacturing excellence and customer experience
• Oversee the overall operational management of the plant. Including Safe Products/People, Efficiency, Reliability, etc. (ACI and Stable OPS programs)
• Responsible for aligning overall team resources meeting strategic operations goals in accordance with plant objectives.
• Collaborate with continuous improvement teams to identify, deploy and leverage opportunities.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to meet customers needs in a timely manner.
• Champion and leverage technology innovation
• Build strong customer relationships by delivering consistent, high-quality products in a timely manner
15% Complete safety;
• Lead EHS/food safety program compliant with government regulations and Cargill standards
• Oversee EHS/FSQR incident data to identify risks and to act on risk mitigation strategies
• Champions a culture of zero injury.
• Reduce and proactively avoids environmental impact and potential risk to the business.
• Ensures HACCP/FDA requirements are met in all food and feed processes.
10% Capital planning and Financial performance:
• Lead, direct and control capital and operating budgets.
• Manage manufacturing budgets/metrics.
• Accountable for setting and managing capital projects
• ACI projects- tracking, updates and execution
• Stable OPS deployment and execution (IDEXX, IWEXX and IMEXX)
Any other duties as assigned
• 6+ years relevant experience in business operations
• 4+ years as a supervisor, manager or leading others
• Demonstrated experience in business acumen
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Demonstrated safety culture with people and products
• Operational & technical skills & Maintenance Reliability expertise
• Demonstrated progressive leadership growth
• Leads in a manner that engages employees and ensures a safe, inclusive, diverse work culture
• Exposure to continuous improvement methodologies and practices
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Animal Science, Business, or Engineering.
• Effectiveness in coaching, motivating and developing high performing individuals and teams.
• Demonstrates expertise in process management and project management
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.