Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Merchant Assistant will support the development and management of a supplier base to fulfill transactions delivering commodities that meet production requirements and specifications in terms of timing, volume, quantity and cost. We seek a professional who will support our team that buys and sells commodities from/to country elevators, producers, feed mills and processors.
- Communicate and interact with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution.
- Help plan purchases and transportation to maximize profitable use of stock and storage facilities.
- Research and analyze various freight opportunities in the marketplace to maximize margin.
- Enter most routine data and run specialty reports from Cargill contract management databases and systems.
- Work directly with customers, suppliers and business counterparts to meet their needs in solving most routine problems.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
*The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
*Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience working with customers
- Experience with Lynx, Sales Force, SAP
- General accounting/finance skills
- Knowledge of merchandizing and grain trading
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.