Environmental Health and Safety Specialist II – Fort Dodge Environmental Focus
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist II – Fort Dodge Environmental Focus provides subject matter expertise that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations. In this role, you will help manage the implementation, execution and maintenance of the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Process Safety management systems. You are responsible for in-depth understanding and application of safe, compliant operational practices and demonstrating compliance with Cargill policy, work processes, programs and standards.
- Ensure strong alignment of EHS goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets. Govern site EHS performance targets together with plant/site leadership team; consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety, and process safety compliance. Understand systems, integrated processes, regulatory issues and workforce conditions.
- Understand, localize and integrate Cargill and legally required EHS work processes, programs and controls into site level operating procedures, tools, and work instructions to standardize front line processes. Monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
- Partner with key site or project leaders to integrate and operationalize EHS programs and drive culture of safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Support suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjusting curriculum to reflect site-specific needs and deliver training
- Partner with Regional Domain and Country EHS to support management of site environmental, health and safety, and process safety impact assessments, operating permits and construction permits.
- Support Contractor Environmental, Health and Safety requirements during construction phase, and help test and evaluate EHS performance according to design during project start-up phase for Base CAPEX projects.
- Support the plant manager in managing the external reputation and facilitate the community and governmental interaction.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Review and implement Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit (NPDES) and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) regulations
- Be able to complete a Tier II Report
- Be able to review and interpret Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and United States EPA rules and regulations
- Ability to assist in Stack testing, visual inspections and other air regulatory compliance activities
- Ability to manage a small quantity generator Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) facility
- Basic understanding of Title V regulations and permits
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience with strong EHS content
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Experience with email, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology or Engineering
- Previous Environmental experience
- Working knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety industry practices and standards
- Working knowledge of United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) rules and regulations
- EHS compliance and regulatory management experience as demonstrated at manufacturing facility
- Experience in implementation and application of EHS protocols, tools and systems, risk assessment methods, and concept of engineering controls
- Experience in creating local tools and work instructions to standardize routine work and simplify compliance demonstration and reporting
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.