Maintenance and Reliability Supervisor I
Direct accountability, leadership and oversight of maintenance, small capital projects, electrical, electronic and instrumentation craft persons and supplementary outside resources, for an CFN US Plant. Responsible for the quality of work completed by his or her crafts. Responsible for the safe execution of the Maintenance Schedule by being a safety champion, participating in PJHA evaluations, and leading safe work practices. Develop and improve skill sets of internal craft resources. Partnering with the RE Team to execute correct application of Reliability Strategies such as Proactive Work Activities, On-Condition and Predictive Technologies, RCM, Craft Skills Development, Planning and Scheduling Functions, 5S, 5 Why, Kaizen, Precision Maintenance and Cause Analysis. Expected execution of aligned reliability practices will reduce operating cost while improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness and Asset Utilization. Responsible for employee engagement by building positive working relationships and an environment where employees will want to offer their ideas. This position will create, supervise, manage and coordinate the execution of the daily maintenance schedule ensuring safety, quality and precision while maximizing craft efficiency by preparing and ensuring the equipment is ready and all parts, special tools, equipment and permits are available before crafts people are deployed. Troubleshoot equipment failures and oversee coordination of proactive and reactive activities on a day-to-day basis. Facilitate weekly scheduling meeting and lead daily coordination meetings with maintenance and production teams. This position will review all completed work orders for completeness and craft feedback as well as possible improvements in repair techniques, materials of construction, or other activities.
55%: Lead, supervise and coordinate daily proactive, reactive and modifications work type and management of formal work flow system.
10%: Supervision of crafts persons, performance management and skill enhancement process.
10%: Complete all Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities.
10%: Review all completed work orders and QPM’s to ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
10%: Scope, Coordinate and execute small capital projects
5%: Any other duties as assigned
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
• High School Diploma OR Equivalent plus 2 + years related experience, Production, operations or manufacturing.
• 2 + years Process and/or Maintenance Reliability experience
• 2 + Strong mechanical, automation and electrical knowledge and aptitude.
• Ability to take off-hour calls and rotate on call accountability with facility staff as necessary.
• Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
• Supply procurement, budget preparation, scheduling experience.
• Working knowledge of CMMS.
• Strong safety leadership skills (Safety Champion).
• Demonstrates strong behaviors with respect to team work, communication, accountability, respect and commitment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak candidly and provide constructive feedback .
• Demonstrated effective systematic problem solving skills.
• Ability to lead, manage, and implement change.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• 3 + years reliability experience in Operations.
• Working knowledge of predictive maintenance technology (Vibration, Oil, and Infrared, UE, MCA, and NDT).
• Cause Analysis experience.
• RCM/FMEA experience.
• Continuous Improvement experience.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.