Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
We are looking for a hardworking person who will perform routine analysis of product testing, being responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance and conducting tests for which we are going to provide intermediate supervision. The Laboratory Technician position will manage the completion of routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. You are also being responsible to document results into databases and/or communication test results Independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff will be a differential.
This position requires to work on or around 9:00pm to 5:00am, with potential to working up to 12 hours, up to 7 days a week with little to no notice, as well as being able to work any shift as required.
• You will conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in-process and final products independently, supporting more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
• You will be accountable for ensuring compliance programs for all individual testing which includes monitoring adherence to regulations and other procedural food safety compliance .
• Interprets and documents results of all tests into active databases and communicates results as required. Communication scope limited to specification results to internal customers.
• Runs calibration checks, preventative maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation, maintaining customer specifications books up to date.
• Works with the development of food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture by interfacing cross functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Associates degree OR some college +1 year of experience in a similar position
• Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
• Ability to work any shift, with potential to working up to 12 hours, up to 7 days a week with little to no notice
• Bachelor’s Degree in a natural science
• Prior quality control experience
• Prior NIR technology experience
• Prior Microtoxin experience
• Your ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals)
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in multiple formats
• Write routine reports and correspondence
• Professional approach when dealing with management, as well as when handling audits and representing the business to external community, suppliers and customers.
• Work expertly individually and in a team environment
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.