Crop Input Associate 2021
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Early Careers at Cargill:
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
Crop Input Associate Position:
Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain – North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and industrial customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete in the global market and efficiently deliver products from origins to destinations through our marketing, sourcing, originating, storing, trading, consulting and processing of grain, oilseeds and crop inputs products and solutions. CASC NA business reaches across Canada, United States & Mexico with an expansive asset footprint including over 200 grain elevators, export/import facilities, oilseed crush plants and biodiesel facilities.
You will participate in a training program to prepare you be become a Crop Input Representative for Cargill in Canada. A Crop Input Representative works directly with the location sales and agronomy team to provide agronomic and crop production product solutions for our farm customers. By providing superior agronomic advice, the Crop Input Associate will learn how to help our farm customers make better crop production decisions for their business.
Working closely with your Manager and the location Sales Leader, you will participate in extensive training including one-on-one, on-the-job, classroom and online training in agronomy and selling skills. Typically a Crop Input Associate will be assigned a territory within 12 months.
Associate Program Benefits:
- Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
- Associates are eligible for a supplementary health, dental, disability and life benefits package.
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
- As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
- Manitoba: Dauphin
- Movement from an associate role to an experienced sales position may require additional relocation
- Frequent travel within assigned region for meetings with customers, prospects and other Cargill personnel. You must have a safe driving history; a motor vehicle record history will be reviewed.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Agricultural Business, Agronomy, Plant Science, Soils Science, or related discipline graduating between December 2020 and May 2021
- Ability to relocate to various locations throughout Western Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Eligible for membership in the Provincial Institute of Agrologists
- A valid Canadian driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Previous scouting experience
- Sales aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with ability to influence decision-making
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- Knowledge of agronomy services, farm customers and the agriculture industry
- Knowledge of the crop inputs business and the significance of supplier relationships
- Knowledge of the Canadian agricultural production and farm management
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With more than 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more athttp://www.cargill.com/.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.