Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety and Quality Technician, will be accountable for food safety and quality inspection process within a specified range. In this role, you will conduct tests and inspections following internal and external procedures in environment health and safety and food safety.
- Conduct routine inspections following the compliance program.
- Identify and analyze deviations to avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses, report the serious one to higher level staff for guidance.
- Follow company environment and health and safety policies and procedures, identify instances of risky behaviors in the workplace and take appropriate action and escalate serious issues as appropriate.
- Attend audits, prepare required documents and ensure all documentation is completed, current and verified to support production management decisions.
- Handle basic clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Ability to work on 3rd shift
- Two years of related work experience
- Food Safety Experience and Knowledge
- HACCP Certification
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
Sign on bonus is offered
Location: Emporia, Kansas
Relocation assistance will not be provided
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.